) privacy options, and describes how your information is collected and used by CAPS ("we," "us," "our,"
What Information is Collected?
We collect several types of information from and about users on our website, including information by which you may be personally identified. We may collect personal information from you on our System, or through any other digital or personal communication between you and the System. Information collected by us provided by you may include information such as your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to register to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions, opportunities, and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address.
- Any information you voluntarily provide when sending a message or initiating an inquiry for more information regarding our business.
- Your responses to marketing campaigns and surveys we may send to you; and
- Your transaction and order history relating to the use of our products and services.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
Cookies and Related Technologies
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site.
- Computer data or files, often called "cookies," which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to "recognize" you through the navigation of the Site, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called "web beacons" that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to identify the geographic location of a particular device, measure our website traffic, and to help provide a more personalized experience.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Connect, Bug Herd, and Facebook Custom Audience to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display CAPS product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with CAPS products or services. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google's Ads Settings.
You may limit the collection of "cookies" through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 16.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you to provide you with services and products, and also to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- As necessary for our legitimate interests
- As necessary for the performance of a contract
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding CAPS products or services.
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service.
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer.
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering.
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated.
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products.
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers.
- For any other purpose with your consent; and
We may share information, in the aggregate, regarding your online browsing preferences to evaluate our products or allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. All financial information submitted will be kept confidential.
We may share this information with any subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including those of our franchisees, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of CAPS.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users' personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by communication received from us, or by emailing us at MARKETING@CAPSPARTS.COM
- You may limit the collection of "cookies" through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the "Behavioral Advertising" section.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting purposes. In some cases, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without notice to you.
International Data Processing
CAPS is located in Canada and all data related to the System (as defined below) is collected and processed by CAPS in Canada. If you are not located in Canada, your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country (Canada) outside of the country where you live. By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in Canada. To the extent some of our franchisees need to collect and share or permit us to facilitate collection and sharing of personal data to enable our services, it is the responsibility of those franchisees to provide necessary privacy notices and obtain required consents.
If you are not located in Canada, your local privacy laws may give you certain rights to access information held about you and you may have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. If you are a European Data Subject, you may request access, rectification and correction, erasure, and to object to our processing of your information by contacting us at MARKETING@CAPSPARTS.COM
. Further, if you are a European Data Subject and we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may revoke your consent at any time by emailing us at: MARKETING@CAPSPARTS.COM
. Such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Further, withdrawal of consent does not affect processing of information based on other lawful bases of processing other than consent.
We encourage you to contact us regarding any complaint at MARKETING@CAPSPARTS.COM
European Union data subjects may file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact information of European supervisory authorities is available here: https://commission.europa.eu/