PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
CANADIAN AUTO PARTS SUPPLERS
is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that or staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will notify customers with signage indicating the reason for disruption and alternative facilities or services if available.
CANADIAN AUTO PARTS SUPPLIERS
will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities, Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- CANADIAN AUTOPARTS SUPPLIERS's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use equipment if available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our facilities.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way CANADIAN AUTO PARTS SUPPLIERS
provides goods and services to people with disabilities can either send an email, speak verbally with an employee or management.
All feedback including complaints, will be delivered to the appropriate person or department for review and or action.
Customers can expect to hear back within 2-5 days.
NOTICE OF AVAILABILTY
CANADIAN AUTO PARTS SUPPLIERS
will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting on our website or notice in the front our stores.
Commitment to principles
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
- The goods or services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities and others will be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
Any policy of CANADIAN AUTO PARTS SUPPLERS
that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of the people with disabilities will be modified or removed.